Do you have a noise, party, overflow sewage/trash, unpermitted construction complaint?

You may wish to contact other City departments for some common complaints associated with short-term rental activity.

If it appears the issues noted below are also related to short-term rentals (rentals of less than 30 days), at a specific dwelling; and/or the short-term rental activity does not seem consistent with neighborhood character (e.g. more than five sets of distinct tourists staying at the same time), then please contact our Office as well (see "Filing a complaint" below).

For excessive noise or parties, call the San Francisco Police Department non-emergency line at (415) 553-0123.

For illegal construction or a possible un-permitted dwelling unit, contact the Department of Building Inspection online or call (415) 558-6088.

For improper trash disposal or overflowing sewage, dial 311 or visit