Do you have a noise, trash, or construction complaint?

You may wish to contact other City departments for some common complaints associated with short-term rental activity.

For excessive noise or parties, call the San Francisco Police Department non-emergency line at (415) 553-0123.

For illegal construction or a possible un-permitted dwelling unit, contact the Department of Building Inspection online or by calling (415) 558-6088.

For improper trash disposal, dial 311 or visit

If it appears the issues noted above are also related to short-term rentals, at a specific dwelling, that is not consistent with neighborhood character, please contact our Office as well (see "Filing a complaint" below).